SK Capital’s principals have spent their careers in the specialty chemicals, materials and pharmaceutical sectors as operators, owners and investors. Given this experience, we are able to engage in open and constructive dialogue with management teams to identify and support the execution of key opportunities and the mitigation of critical risks. We help develop customized strategies and objectives that, if executed successfully, will build better and more sustainable businesses over the long term. Once specific initiatives are identified and agreed to, we support management’s efforts by providing access to impactful relationships and resources across a number of disciplines and industry segments.
Specific areas where we can potentially support our management teams include:
- Talent assessment, selection and augmentation
- Aligning resources with business and investment objectives
Strategy and Growth
- Strategic analysis and repositioning
- Investing in capacity, capabilities and technologies
- Selective M&A and joint ventures
- Productivity enhancements
- Process improvements
- Cost efficiencies
Cash Generation and Risk Mitigation
- Working capital improvement
- Divestiture of non-strategic assets and product lines
Core to our approach is the philosophy that appropriate capital structures are critical to give management the necessary strategic and operational flexibility to execute its vision. In addition, aligned incentives ensure management shares in the value created.