By integrating ESG into it’s investment management process, SK Capital seeks to:
- Identify incremental value-creation opportunities and potential risks to make better investment decisions to enhance returns.
- Ensure portfolio companies act in a responsible manner towards their stakeholders.
- Systematic Implementation: ESG Implementation should be systematic throughout the investment, ownership and exit process.
- Focus on Materiality: Focus attention on ESG factors that are material to any given investment. Materiality can be determined by assessing any factor’s importance to stakeholders and the magnitude of business, environmental or social impact.
- Engage and Communicate with Stakeholders: Work closely with stakeholders – colleagues, investors, portfolio companies, regulators, among others – in order to:
- learn about and enhance our consideration of ESG risk factors and
- inform stakeholders about our ESG integration practices
- Improve ESG Performance: As active investors, we partner with businesses where our ownership and involvement can potentially transform and improve the business’ ESG risk profile. Through corporate governance and management engagement, SK seeks to improve the ESG performance and reporting practices of our investments.